- Dixdeux, French for ten-two, is illustrated by Anthony Fusco in Caulkins’ Handbook on Haiku and Other Form Poems, 1970 . . . It appears to have developed as an alternative to the Haiku.The Dixdeux is:
- written in any number of tercets. When written in more than one tercet, L3 becomes a refrain.
- syllabic, with 10/10/2 syllables per line.
- is unrhymed.
- titled, unlike the haiku.
- ————– Hot Topic by Judi Van Gorderan unopened coke sits in closed up truck
outside the summer temperature rises
sticky brown liquid spatters upholstery
meticulous owner finds mess inside
Thanks to Judi Van Gorder of PMO for reseacrhing this.
Thanksgiving Day Football (Dixdeux)
The aroma of turkey, panoply
of pies, threaten little distraction to
Living room furniture placed horseshoe style
in front wide-screen keeping kids away from
© Lawrencealot – November 27, 2013