- The Tableau is an invented stanzaic form that paints a single image in keeping with the name of the form, tableau meaning picture. Created byEmily Romano who suggests the word “tableau” be included in the title. The Tableau is:
- stanzaic, written in any number of sixains.
- isosyllabic, 5 syllable lines.
- rhyme at the discretion of the poet.
- written describing a single image.
- written with a title that includes the word “tableau”.
- isosyllabic 5 syllable lines, indicating all lines are the same length.
Write one stanza only.