Tags2 couplets 2 quatrains 2 sestets 2 tercets 3 quatrains 4 tercets 7 couplets AAaBBbCCcDDdee aabbccddeeffgg ababcdcdefefgg abbaabbacdecde abbacddceffegg Allpoetry Archer Black Narcissus couplet Eberhart feminine rhyme Front Rhyme gadget Heroic Crown iambic pentameter iambic tetrameter internal rhyme isosyllabic Lawrencealot meter optional octave octet quatorzain quatrain refrain refrain words Reyes rhymed sestet Sonnet Redoubled standard Sutton syllabic tetrameter v8 v9 v9or Van Gorder
This sonnet form was invented by Visalakshi , aka Vive la V on Allpoetry
Here are her own requirements:
(1) Stanzaic : quatorzain, or octave and sestet.
(2) 10 syllables, except in the final couplet, which could vary: 10 or 11, but both L13 and L14 should be the same syllable length
(3) It is lexical where the last word of the first stanza becomes the first/ or beginning of the first word of the second stanza. This pattern continues to the end.
(4) The sonnet ends with the same word with which it begins, yes it is a requirement.
(5) Must rhyme. Rhyme pattern abab cdcd efef g’g (or gg) (near rhymes or exact rhymes)
(6) Volta in L9 or L 13
(7) For this form there is no metric requirement. It is optional.
Here is my example
We have What’s Needed (Sonnet Reversii)
Within us all is something from without.
Without a doubt there’s much I can adduce,
adduce some things for you to think about.
About our doubts we have a real excuse.
Excuse me when I claim man’s not correct,
correct in thinking gods must be required.
Requiring dogma leaves a disconnect-
a substitute for answers much desired.
Desiring knowledge is, and must remain –
remain a trait to which we must attend.
Attend to learning; try not to complain.
Complaining sigh won’t help us to contend-
contend with knowing, “How’d it all begin”.
Begin assured, we’ve all we need within.
© Lawrencealot – April 1, 2014