- The Marianne is a verse form that is written with a combination rhyme and syllable count. It was created by Viola Berg . The lines should be centered on the page.The Marianne is:
- a pentastich, a poem in 5 lines.
- syllabic, 4/6/8/4/2 syllables per line.
- rhymed, axaxa x being unrhymed.
- titled and centered on the page.
My Thanks to Judi Van Gorder for the wonderful resource at PMO
A Centered Pentastitch (Marianne)
I don’t know why
this form. There’s not much to apply.
But, being me,
© Lawrencealot – March 31, 2014