Snam Suad (swimming of the sages or floating phrases), is a dan direach or direct meter form of the Ancient Irish forms, written with very short lines.
The Snam Suad is:
• an octastich, a poem in 8 lines.
• syllabic, 3 syllable lines.
• rhymed, rhyme scheme aaxbcccb.* x being unrhymed.
• L4 and L8 must be 3 syllable words.
• written with cywddydd (harmony of sound) and dunadh (beginning and ending the poem with the same word, phrase or line).
Movie Night by Judi Van Gorder
time for fun,
Pasted from http://www.poetrymagnumopus.com/index.php?/topic/1167-snam-suad/
My thanks to Judi Van Gorder for years of work on this fine PMO resource