Structure, Metrical Requirement, Rhyme Scheme Requirement, Other Requirement, Simple
This form has four requirements.
There is also a multi-stanza form called the soft-songed triplet.
xX xX xX
- Soft Songed Tercet is an invented verse form found at Poetry Base that has an unusual request, the verse must have a “soft feel”.The Soft Songed Tercet is:
- a tristich, a poem in 3 lines. When written in more than one tercet the form is oddly named the Soft Songed Triplet. (“Tercet” is 3 line unit as is a “triplet”, both of which can be written in any number within a poem. The words are often used interchangeably however, the classic English “triplet” is usually monorhymed. So technically the name Soft Songed Tercet properly should apply to both a single tristich or the stanzaic form of any number of tercets.)
- metered, iambic, L1 &L3 are trimeter, L2 is hexameter.
- rhymed, rhymed a(bb)a L2 has internal rhyme.
- composed with an unusual image.
- composed with a “soft feel”.
x x x x x a
x x x x x b x x x x x b
x x x x x a
Furry Fix by jvgSilky fluff warms my palm
as I cup a small plump rabbit waiting to jump
free. Its fine fur a balm.